Recipe: Kamalaya's Lemon Grass Coconut Stew
As we gradually wave good-bye to what’s left of the summer, Kamalaya is on hand to get us Autumn ready. Below is the wonderfully healthy and simply delicious Lemon Grass and Coconut Stew. It will have you warmed up in no time.
- Cut the carrot into 2 cm thick slices, the asparagus into 5 cm long sticks and the broccoli/cauliflower in rosettes.
- Next blanch the vegetables separately in boiling water al’dente and cool down in ice water.
- Now bring the coconut milk, pumpkin seed milk and vegetable stock to a simmering point, put all spices in to the tea strainer and add the strainer in to the milk to flavor the liquid.
- Reduce the liquid to a lightly thicker consistency on a simmering point and adjust the flavor with the sea salt, pepper and lime juice.
- 20 seconds before serving add the blanched vegetables, garnish with coriander and serve.
Carrot 10gBroccoli 10g
Cauliflower 10gSnow Peas 10g
Asparagus 10gCoconut Milk 30ml
Sliced Bitter Lime Leaf 1gPumpkin Seed Milk 100ml
Galangal Sliced 5gLemongrass sliced 5g
Coriander 1gSalt & Pepper 1g
Lime Juice 5mlShitake Whole 10g
Shallot 5gVegetable Stock 70ml
For more recipes, take a look at our healthy cuisine blog for more information. If you are interested in visiting Kamalaya on one of their extensive retreats, then speak to one of our wellness consultants on 020 7843 3597 or click here to enquire.