Recharge Your Routine: Pilates retreats for a better life
Are you looking to boost your endorphins and tone your body with a killer exercise routine while simultaneously improving your mind-body connection and overall health? If you want to strengthen your core muscles, increase your flexibility, and get the body of your dreams, a Pilates Retreat with Healing Holidays sounds like the perfect opportunity.
Not only does Pilates keep you looking and feeling fantastic, inside and out, but a Pilates retreat comes equipped with professional guidance, a rejuvenating atmosphere, a beautiful scenic backdrop, and a chance to better the connection of your mind and body. While Pilates was initially designed for injured soldiers and dancers, nowadays, athletes, celebrities, gym rats, and everyday people just like you are incorporating Pilates into their workout routines.
Keep scrolling to learn more about Pilates, its benefits, and the specialized Pilates retreats Healing Holidays offers. read more...
What is Pilates?
Developed in the early 20th century, Pilates is a mind-body exercise that focuses on strengthening the mind with a strong emphasis on core strength and balance. It is similar to Yoga, as it concentrates on flexibility and breathing and is less strenuous than other forms of exercise.
Why go on a Pilates Retreat?
One of the great things about Pilates is that so many people with so many different fitness levels can do this form of exercise. A Pilates retreat is excellent for anyone looking to focus more on Pilates as a whole, get personal routines based on health goals, and get professional guidance in a serene and peaceful environment to increase the benefits. You can learn different techniques, make deeper mind-body connections, and be around like-minded people furthering their Pilates journey.
Benefits of a Pilates Retreat
It’s no surprise so many athletes and celebrities include Pilates in their workout routine, as Pilates is known to boost endorphins and relieve stress, plus make you look and feel fantastic. Whether you are looking to tone up, improve your balance and flexibility, or connect with your body on a deeper level, there are a lot of benefits to going to a Pilates retreat.
- Limit stress levels: One of the most significant benefits of Pilates is that it limits stress levels. When practicing Pilates at a Pilates retreat, your mind is so concentrated on the exercise that you aren't thinking about stressful factors and responsibilities in your daily life. You are much more focused on your breathing, making all that stress just float away.
- Improves Balance: Another benefit of a Pilates retreat is that Pilates enhances balance. Pilates increases physical balance by forcing you to focus on your breathing and movement and your mind-body balance, making you more aware overall.
- Improves Core Strength: Pilates retreats, like this one in Portugal, focuses on your physical health by improving core strength, strengthening your muscle tone, and flattening your abdominal muscles. This is a massive benefit of a Pilates retreat, as good training can help prevent further breaks or falls, thanks to improved core strength.
- Better Flexibility & Posture: Your flexibility and posture tend to get worse as you get older. A Pilates retreat will help restore your flexibility and improve your posture, potentially relieving back pain. Retreats like this one in Spain focus on improving flexibility to benefit our physical well-being.
- Focus on Health Goals: It’s hard to focus on JUST PIlates when living our daily lives and trying to incorporate exercises for every muscle. A great benefit of Pilates retreats is that it allows you to focus on your Pilates health goals with no other distractions or influences. With guided professionals and a peaceful atmosphere, retreats like this one in Thailand allow personalising your health and Pilates goals.
Have we convinced you to take the plunge and book a Pilates retreat with Healing Holidays? Hopefully, after reading this article, you will be inspired to include Pilates in your workout routine and reap the many benefits of Pilates for yourself
Discover our selection of Pilates retreats below or contact our wellness experts, who will give you unbiased advice on
how to tailor the right programme for your individual needs. Call our wellness advisors at 02078433597 or enquire here.
Absolute Pilates Reformer Bootcamp
Absolute Sanctuary | Thailand
Ideal for both beginners or seasoned practitioners alike, Absolute Sanctuary’s Pilates Reformer Bootcamp will help get you lean & toned with two daily group reformer classes and individual one-to-one private reformer sessions.This programme also includes a wellness consultation, a postura…
Pilates Reformer Break
Palacio Estoril Golf & Spa Hotel | Portugal
If you’re short on time, but would like to improve your Pilates practice then why not try Palacio Estoril’s Pilates Reformer Break programmeThis four night programme includes both private and group Pilates sessions as well as a deeply relaxing full body massage.As part of your programme…
Shanti-Som Wellbeing Retreat | Spain
Ideal for both beginners or seasoned practitioners alike, Shanti Som's Pilates programme will help get you lean & toned with daily group Pilates classes and an individual one-to-one private reformer session.This programme also includes daily Yoga and meditation classes and a soothing spa tr…