Red Lentil Soup Recipe04/10/2019, Ayurveda Parkschlösschen
This warming and budget-friendly red lentil soup recipe from Ayurveda Parkschlösschen is perfect for those chilly autumn evenings.
- 150g red lentils
- 1 small parsnip
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 small red chili
- ½ tsp aniseed
- ¼ tsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp caraway seed
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seed
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 tbsp ghee (vegan: olive oil)
- 1l vegetable stock
- 100ml beetroot juice
- A little lemon juice
- 100g natural yoghurt (vegan: soy yoghurt)
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves
- Wash the lentils 2-3 times
- Peel the parsnip and carrot, cut into chunks, flatten the garlic with a knife, roughly cut the onion and chili and sauté with the spices, seeds, vegetables and the lentils in olive oil.
- Fill with vegetable stock and simmer for 45 minutes
- Now add the beetroot juice and a little lemon juice. Boil again.
- Remove from heat and puree, stirring the yoghurt.
- Cut the coriander with scissors into the prepared soup.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.