Raw Dark Chocolate Tart Recipe
This unbelievably delicious raw chocolate tart created by Amatara Wellness Resort's resident executive chef is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. Cocoa is abundant in positive health benefits, being extremely high in antioxidants and magnesium, making it good for the heart, skin, blood pressure and stress levels.
|Coffee & Chocolate Filling
1. Place the oats, almonds and cacao powder into your food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
2. Add the coconut nectar, water and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the mixture is combined.
3. Take the mixture out of the bowl and place on a silicone mat or wax paper. Place another mat on top and roll flat. (About 5cm thick). Lift up your dough and carefully place it into your tart shell.
4. Push down on the base and carefully around the sides making sure that it is evenly spread out.
5. Take a knife and cut around the edges to get a nice even finish. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
Soak you cashew nuts in filtered water for around 2 hours. Once soaked remove the water and place the nuts into you blender with 80 grams of water. Blend on high until smooth. Now add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth. Take out your tart shell and pour your mixture into it. Place the tart into the freezer.
Tip: it is easier to cut the tart when it is frozen and then place the cut pieces in the fridge until ready to serve.
Place the raspberry puree, nectar and agar in a small sauce pan. Mix well and then bring up to a boil. Let it boil for 30 seconds and then take off the heat. Place the mixture into a container and let it set in the fridge. Once set remove from the container and place in a blender. Blend on high until nice and smooth.
1. Place a small dollop of raspberry puree on a plate and using the back of a spoon; push the gel across the plate to get that cherry finish.
2. Place your chocolate tart on the top and decorate with some chocolate décor or some fresh raspberries.
If this recipe has got you interested in visiting Amatara Wellness Resort call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.