Raw Carrot Cake Recipe24/12/2019, Samahita
Experience Samahita's delicious and creamy raw carrot cake at home. Vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free, this wholesome, healthy and delicious dessert is something everyone can enjoy.
- 3x Large carrots, grated
- 500 Grams fresh or dried dates
- 300 Grams almonds, crushed
- 1x Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2x Tsp cinnamon powder
- 2x Tsp nutmeg powder¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 500 Grams cashew nuts
- 150 Ml honey
- 60 Ml lime juice
- ½ Tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Place the cashews in warm water and soak for 2 hours. In a separate bowl soak the dates in warm water for 30minutes.
- Grate the carrots and ginger and place in another mixing bowl. Strain the dates and blend them in a food processor. Add them to the carrot, ginger, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Press the base into a silicon or tin mold (28 x 28 cm tray,11 x 11 inch). Store in the refrigerator to set.
- Strain the cashew nuts add to your food processor and mix with the lime juice, honey and salt until you get a smooth consistency.
- Ice the cake and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.