Nutritional tips for better metabolic health02/04/2020, Dr George Leon, Head of Eucrasia Scientific Team
Here are some practical every day nutritional tips from Dr George Leon, Head of the Eucrasia Scientific Team to help safeguard your metabolic health to prevent cellular inflammation and deregulation of your immune system.
The emphasis at Euphoria Retreat, with the guidance of my scientific team at Eucrasia, which ascribes to Metabolic Homeostasis, is now more than ever justified. As scientists agree, Metabolic Disorders are considered to be one of the underlying conditions that could contribute to an unfavourable prognosis in case of COVID-19. This underlies that we have to take extra care to protect ourselves from developing metabolic disorders that can cause cellular inflammation and deregulate our immune system.
With the help of our scientific team and nutritionists, we would like to propose some practical, everyday tips that can help safeguard your metabolic health.
- Everyday eat 5 meals consisting of 3 main courses and two healthy snacks
- Every meal should be a combination of macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats)
- Cook your food at a low temperature, avoiding refined salt and sugar
- Add fibres
- Use only seasonal fresh ingredients and whole grain products
- Add a portion of antioxidants to your food (Oregano, chia seeds, berries, turmeric, etc)
- Add a variety of colours to your main courses
- Try to eat your greens at least twice per day
- Breakfast is a mandatory meal
- Avoid processed food
- Try to hydrate your body daily
- Include warm, herbal teas
- Prepare your own meal, thinking and sending positive energy
- Eat when you are relaxed, avoiding stressful situations and meditate at least for one minute before you start your meal
- Eat mindfully, awakening your senses to fully enjoy your food
- Be present and remember to bring in gratitude.
- Exercise approximately 200 minutes per week in low intensity (aerobic, walking, swimming or cycling)
- Once or twice per week engage in functional training
- If you are under 50 years old, add one weight lifting session
- Go to sleep early and keep your stomach empty for 10-12 hours
- Nourish your earth element by keeping regular times for your meals and sleep
Every human metabolic system is unique, thus it is very important through personal scanning to develop individual health and nutritional programmess that can regulate our metabolism and bring Homeostasis. This is the philosophy at Euphoria Retreat. In collaboration with my scientific team at Eucrasia, they offer programmess that are based on individual blood test results (3GL+) aiming to bring longevity, good health and balance of body, mind and soul.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey at Euphoria Retreat call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.