Mung Bean Risotto Recipe By Kamalaya
One of the most popular dishes on Kamalaya’s Detox Menu is the Mung Bean Risotto. Green mung beans are rich in complete plant protein, fibre antioxidants and phytonutrients. While coconut milk can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve blood pressure, it also gives the risotto a creamy texture and slight natural sweetness.
- Mung beans, cooked, 100 g
- Pumpkin, peeled and diced, 20 g
- Carrot, diced, 20 g
- Asparagus, diced, 20 g
- Long beans, 20 g
- Onion, 20 g
- Coconut milk, 200 ml
- Truffle oil, 5 ml
- Olive oil, 10 ml
- Garlic, crushed, 3 g
- Spring onion, 10 g
- Sea salt, 1 g
- Black pepper, 1 g
- Sunflower sprouts, 3 g
- Soak the mung beans overnight and drain the water before using them the next day. Add fresh water and cook them for about an hour until they become soft.
- Then bring the coconut milk to simmer and add the cooked mung beans, garlic, pumpkin, long beans, carrot and asparagus. Simmer for approximately 5 or 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add sea salt, pepper, truffle oil and chives to finish.
- Put the risotto in a bowl and garnish with sunflower sprouts.
If this recipe has got you interested in finding out more about Kamalaya call our wellness advisors on 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.