How To Prepare For A Panchakarma
From experience, Ayurveda Parkschlosschen in Germany knows that an Ayurvedic cleanse with Panchakarma has a holistic and profound effect on a person. Therefore, very careful preparation is of utmost importance to enable your body and mind to rid themselves as intensely as possible of toxins, blockages and impurities. This should be strictly adhered to, particularly with regard to your diet.
Ayurveda Parkschlosschen believes a pre-cure of at least 3, or even better 4 weeks are necessary for preparing yourself to carry out the cleansing process of a Panchakarma more effectively and easily. The detox beverages they give you can only develop their full effect if the intestinal tract has already been freed or cleansed of coarse waste products. The preparation should not cause you any stress, preferably begin on a free weekend, so that you can gradually become accustomed to it.
The five most important recommendations for the pre-cure at home
1. Nutrition in general
- Eat enough, but don’t overeat
- Try and include spices that aid digestion in your cooking.
- Eat as little heavy or heavily digestible foods as possible.
- Abstain from meat, fish, wheat products of all kinds (exception: einkorn wheat, wild emmer), yoghurt, quark, hard cheese
- As light as possible
- Do not mix fruit and dairy products in one meal
3. Main meal
- At midday between midday and 2pm (digestive fire is at its strongest then), for example, salad/soup, main course and a small dessert
- Preferably choose freshly cooked meals with a lot of vegetables and healthy cereals (e.g. rice, quinoa, wild emmer, spelt pasta, millet, buckwheat)
- Avoid canned foods, dried foods and re-heated foods (no use of microwave)
- Should be the lightest meal of the day, for example, soups or cooked vegetables with healthy cereals
- No salads or raw fruit and vegetables
- Do not eat immediately before going to bed (at least 3 hours beforehand)
- Drink at least 5-6 glasses of hot, boiled water throughout the day
- Abstain from ice-cold drinks and alcohol
1. Stop drinking coffee, black tea and green tea at least 3-5 days before your arrival. Otherwise, you could suffer from severe withdrawal headaches during the first few days of your cure.
2. Take your time when eating and remain seated comfortably for a further 5-10 minutes after your meal. Avoid taking an afternoon nap, but take a short after-dinner walk outside in the fresh air.
3. Go to bed early, not after 10 pm, if possible. Don’t over-exert yourself during the day. Peak sporting performances should not be included in your schedule. However, it is important to take your individual constitution and how you feel into consideration.
4. Let your friends and family know that you will be withdrawing for a while and will be taking some quiet time out.
5. As the days of your Ayurvedic cleanse draw closer, prepare yourself mentally for unwinding and letting go and look forward to cleansing yourself of all those toxins and waste products.
If this blog has got you interested in visiting Ayurveda Parkschlosschen call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.