Chocolate Coconut Custard Recipe01/01/2020, Rancho La Puerta
The deep chocolate richness of this eggless custard is a delicious journey to the tropical soul of Mexico. Cacao’s route originated here and was cultivated as far back as 1900 BC. The journey begins with the tartness of the chocolate pushing through the fruity tropical coconut. This easy to make recipe from Rancho La Puerta's Executive Chef Reyna and her team at their cooking school is the perfect reprieve from winter.
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped, plus shaved chocolate, for serving
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh fruit and mint springs to garnish
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the coconut milk and sugar. Whisk the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves and the mix has thickened. It should take approximately two minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped chocolate, a pinch of salt, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the custard into 10 shallow bowls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. The longer they chill, the thicker the custard.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, add the coconut flakes and lightly toast them over medium heat. Let cool and sprinkle on top of each custard.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and mint springs.
- ¡Buen Provecho!
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.