Yellow Lentil And Sweet Potato Croquettes Recipe28/07/2022, Palace Merano
- 150g of raw yellow lentils
- 100g of peeled, raw sweet potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of chopped white onion
- 1 handful of chopped parsley and rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of vegetable stock powder
- Flaked pistachios
- 100g of corn breadcrumbs
- A pinch of wasabi
- Brown the onion with a little extra virgin olive oil and leave to cool.
- Steam the sweet potatoes, cool well and pass through the mincer, together with some of the lentils and cooled browned onion.
- Combine the whole lentils together with the mixture passed through the mincer, add the parsley and rosemary, season with a little wasabi and vegetable stock powder and start kneading in a food processor, gradually adding the breadcrumbs and a sprinkling of pistachios.
- As soon as the mixture is smooth, consistent and dry, form balls or croquettes of about 25g each.
- Cover the croquettes with the flaked pistachios, using a little water to act as a binder if necessary, then cook in a pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Serve with sautéed vegetables or tomato sauce.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.