Sticky Date Pudding Recipe
Treat your loved ones to a delicious healthy dessert. Chiva-Som’s Sticky Date Pudding is taken from their 'Cooking with Light' recipe collection by Chef Paisarn.
|Sticky Date Pudding||Caramel Sauce|
1. To make the caramel sauce, place the honey in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until it smells slightly burnt.
2. Add the lime juice, nutmeg and water and simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
3. To make the pudding, preheat the oven at 120c. Place the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and ground ginger in a bowl and mix well, then set aside. Whisk the egg yolks with 30g of brown sugar until the mixture becomes pale, then set aside.
4. Whisk the egg whites with the remaining brown sugar until they form stiff peaks, then set aside.
5. Place the dry ingredients, egg yolk mixture, soaked dates (including soaking water) and coconut oil in a bowl and stir until combined. Gently fold in the egg whites until they are well incorporated. Pour the mixture into small pudding moulds and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked.
6. To serve, pour some caramel sauce on a dessert plate and top with a pudding. Place a scoop of passion fruit sorbet to the side of the pudding. Garnish with crushed pistachios, dates and mint leaves.
If this recipe has got you interested in booking a stay at Chiva Som call our wellness advisors on 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.