Buckwheat Beetroot Dumplings On Pumpkin Ragout Recipe
Fancy a seasonal recipe? Lanserhof's chef Karsten Wolf has created vegan, basic and gluten-free dumplings with a seasonal pumpkin ragout. Enjoy!
Ingredients: (for 6 people)
- Buckwheat bread 500 g
- Rice milk 500 ml
- Quinoa flour 4 tablespoons
- Curry paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Coarse pepper
- Carob bean gum 3 tablespoons
- Corn starch (or potato starch) 3 tablespoons
- Organic beetroot (peeled, grated) 500 g
- Muscat squash or Hokkaido pumpkin (diced) 500 g (the nutmeg squash must be peeled)
- Soy cream (alternatively rice cream, quinoa or similar) 250 ml
- Coconut oil 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable broth 100 ml
- Beetroot juice 200 ml
- Chopped parsley
- Horseradish abrasion
- Pumpkin seed oil for garnish
- Cut the buckwheat bread into small cubes of about 0.5 cm. Heat rice milk and add to the bread cubes. Add the starch, locust bean gum and quinoa flour and mix well.
- Then add the grated beetroot and mix again. Leave to stand for 15 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Form dumplings weighing 80 to 90 g.
- Sauté pumpkin cubes with a little coconut oil, deglaze with the base broth and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Season with the curry paste and add the soy cream. Leave to simmer for another 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil 2 litres of water in a pot. Add 100 ml beetroot juice and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Cook the dumplings until they rise to the surface, drain them and put them in a pan.
- Heat the remaining beetroot juice with a little coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the beetroot dumplings and swirl through the beetroot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the ragout on a plate, add dumplings and garnish with parsley, pumpkin seed oil, horseradish and pomegranate seeds.
If this recipe has got you interested in visiting Lanserhof for yourself then get in touch with one of our wellness experts today by calling
020 7843 3597 or emailing email@example.com