Questions to Think About When Choosing a Spa
Here are some questions to think about when you are choosing a destination spa:
- Would you like your spa holiday to focus on a particular goal such as losing weight, detoxing, kickstarting your fitness, or developing your yoga/pilates practice?
- Do you have medical problems that you would like to address or are you recovering from a major life event?
- Do you want a restricted meal plan or to follow a prescribed nutritional philosphy?
- Do you want a break from alcohol, stimulants, and toxins?
- Are you looking for an outdoor exercise experience such as hiking, fitness on the beach, or rock climbing?
- Are you interested in meeting with doctors, nutritionists, trainers, and specialists to develop a personalized programme that you can practice after you return home?
- Are you looking for a setting where it is easy to meet like-minded people in a social atmosphere for a sense of camaraderie?
- Would you like to attend classes and lectures on subjects that interest you?
- Are you happy to go to a spa with a minimum stay?
If the answers to all of the questions above were YES, then a wellness retreat at a destination spa is certainly the right choice for you.
Are you looking to go on holiday with your friend or family and have some relaxing spa treatments? If so, then a resort spa is a better choice for you.
The next step is to ask an expert for advice on selecting the right health spa and the best spa programme for you. There are a few more questions to ask yourself:
- Are the treatments available at the spa important to you? If so, look into the a la carte treatments available at the spa and find out if you have to pre-book.
- Do you want to get away to the mountains, beach, or a foreign city? Ask a specialist tour operator the benefits of each location and how far the actual spa is from the highlights of the area.
- How important is luxury in the accommodation and dining that you seek? Some spas offer basic accommodation on the presumption that you spend very little time in your room and the majority of your stay in the common areas. If you prefer a higher standard of luxury in your accommodation, ask an expert about the rooms and not just the spa facilities.
MY RECOMMENDATION -
Do you have other important questions to consider to help you choose the right spa? If so, please let me know and I’ll update the blog.
By Spa Samurai