Mexican Quinoa Salad With Parsley Garlic Dressing26/06/2022, Rancho La Puerta
If you want to embrace healthier eating habits this year, use this salsa to give a twist on eggs for breakfast, marinate your vegetables, tofu, or seafood, and enjoy it as a dressing for salads with some lemon juice. Bring it to a party for a dip with some crudités or a spread for sandwiches instead of mayo. Your creativity is the limit! We enjoy it with our Mexican Quinoa which has jalapeño and avocado for a spicy and smooth twist.
Ingredients For The Salad
- 4 cups quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup red, green, or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups parsley-garlic dressing *recipe follows
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, bell pepper, spring onions, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, mint, parsley, pumpkin seeds, and jalapeño. Season with the parsley garlic dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the salad to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge and serve cold, top the salad with avocado cubes, and freshly chopped parsley and mint.
Ingredients For The Parsley Garlic Dressing
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Place the garlic, vinegar, honey, and salt in the blender and process until it turns into a paste.
- Add the parsley leaves, lemon zest, and olive oil. Pulse a few times to combine the ingredients until it has a smooth texture.
- Place the dressing in a mason jar or an airtight container and keep it refrigerated for a couple of days.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey, call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.