Healthy Seafood Pasta Recipe From Lefay06/09/2019, Matteo Maenza, Lefay
Lefay's Chef Matteo Maenza has kindly shared with us a healthy and delicious seafood pasta recipe.
Fagottelli Pasta Dough
- Add salt and flour to the egg yolks. Mix and work energetically until you have a smooth dough, then cover with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 4-5 hours. It’s best if you prepare the dough the day before using it.
- For the filling, dissolve a pinch of salt in 150ml of hot water. Add the gelatine powder and leave to rest. Once the gelatine has hardened, beat with 50g still water and emulsify with the oil.
- To prepare the fagotelli, roll out the egg pasta dough into a sheet 0.5mm thick, then use a 7cm diameter cutter to cut out discs of pasta. Place around 15g of the oil-based filling in the middle of each disc and fold it in half, making sure that the edges match perfectly. Seal the ravioli, gently pushing out any air. Finally, carefully pull the pointed ends together until they meet.
- Blend the seafood stew liquid ingredients with the boiled potatoes and season with salt.
- Wash the datterino tomatoes and place them on a baking tray. Cook for 4 minutes at 250°C, then peel and place them in a 1/3 or 1/2 Gastronorm or similar steel container. Season with salt, sugar, thyme, the garlic and plenty of oil until they are almost covered and cook for 2 hours at 130°C. Leave to cool in their cooking liquid.
- Cook the fagottelli in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a pan until hot, quickly brown the squid, then remove from the heat and add the stew, followed by the prawns, clams, mussels and semi-dry datterino tomatoes.
- Drain the fagotelli, quickly mix with some of the cooking water and a little extra virgin olive oil, and grate over a small amount of lemon zest. Arrange the fagottelli in the plate with the seafood stew on top. Dress with the small basil and chervil leaves
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.