Ginger Turmeric Carrot Soup Recipe
SHA Wellness Clinic's nutrition expert Melanie Waxman has shared this anti-inflammatory healthy soup recipe that supports gut health, strengthens the immune system and gets you glowing from the inside out!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ leek rinsed and finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger grated
- 6-8 carrots, rinsed and sliced on the angle about ½ inch thick
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of turmeric root grated (or use ½ teaspoon ground)
- 4 cups (1 quart) spring water
- 1 inch strip kombu sea vegetable
- 2 tablespoons white miso diluted in a little water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley, cilantro or seeds for garnish
- Place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic, minced ginger, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, salt, cinnamon and turmeric and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and kombu, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are very soft, About 20 minutes.
- Remove the kombu and puree soup in a high speed blender.
- Return the soup to the heat and warm until simmering.
- Turn off heat and add the diluted miso. Mix gently and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, cilantro or seeds- can add a little more grated ginger for a stronger flavour.
If this recipe has got you interested in visiting SHA Wellness Clinic then get in touch with one of our wellness experts today by calling
020 7843 3597 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org