Cacao Easter Cake Recipe By The Marion Gluck Clinic13/04/2022, Tiina Lemmik, Marion Gluck Clinic
While you may have thought you needed a good excuse to enjoy a piece of dark chocolate, the truth is the delightful and ancient superfood ingredient found in high-quality dark chocolate, known as cacao (cold-pressed, un-roasted cocoa beans ), has more to offer your health than you may realise.
In ancient texts, cacao was described as a sacred superfood, often referred to as food of the gods. The cacao bean and its consumption date back thousands of years. It was used as a powerful, healing food and in ancient ritual and ceremony.
Today, there is much science and research that proves that cacao has many benefits for your body, mind, and soul.
5 health benefits of this sacred food:
- Antioxidant protection
- Improved brain health
- Immune boosting
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Nature’s aphrodisiac
Spoil yourself and your family/friends with a healthy and delicious cake, especially made for Easter!
- ½ cup good quality unsweetened dark cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 organic eggs
- ½ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan oven)
- Combine the cacao, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt into a mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut milk and olive oil
- Mix well until smooth and combined (a whisk works well for this)
- Pour into a 20cm baking tin lined with baking paper
- Bake the cake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through (test after 45 mins as oven temperatures may vary)
- Remove from the oven and cool
- Serve with raspberries for an extra antioxidant boost and some Greek yogurt if desired
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.