Banana Protein Bar Recipe28/02/2022, Lefay Resorts
Lefay's Executive Chef Matteo Maenza has created a recipe for homemade banana protein bars for you to try at home. These protein bars are an ideal snack for those who need to contrast their muscle catabolism and stored energy after a workout. They also make a good dietary supplement for those who want to avoid hunger pangs when following a low carb and low-fat diet (always with great attention to the balance of nutritional elements and without negatively affecting the daily carbohydrate intake).
- 2 egg whites
- 1 banana
- 130g of oats
- 20g of bitter cocoa powder
- 110g of water
- 70g of honey
- 30g of vegan proteins powder (or chickpeas flour)
- 1 full spoon of baking soda
- Cook the banana with its skin on in the oven at a temperature of 90°C for 15 minutes.
- Peel the banana and whisk it with honey and cocoa powder.
- Add the egg white, water, oat flour, vegan protein and baking soda and mix together.
- Put the mixture in a baking pan lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven at a temperature of 170°C for 30 minutes.
- Once they have cooled down, cut the banana protein bars into little squared slices of 50 grams each.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.