A Hearty Detox Soup to welcome Autumn
The chill of Autumn is here, so why not try this hearty soup recipe by SHA WellnessClinic Nutrition expert, Melanie Waxman. It’s packed full of all the good things that will help strengthen the immune system and warm you inside and out.
- 1 carrot finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cut into small pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup cabbage finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk finely sliced
- 4-6 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cm strip wakame rinsed and sliced
- 1 heaping teaspoon barley rice miso
- 1 heaping teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- Place the oil in a pan and heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot and continue to sauté.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the pumpkin, cabbage and celery and continue to cook until the vegetables become soft – 10 minutes or so.
- Add the rest of the water and wakame.
- Return to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the diluted misos and fresh ginger.
- Mix gently and serve garnished with parsley.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.