A Cooking Course with VIVAMAYR12/07/2019, VIVAMAYR
A retreat to VIVAMAYR is completely different from many detox programmes on the market. Their principles revolve mainly around getting the right acid/alkaline balance in the body and not stressing the gut with problematic foods and food combinations. We have spoken to the experts at VIVAMAYR and they have given us a guide on how to eat in line with the Mayr Cure.
To get you started here are some easy to make healthy recipes that are in line with the Mayr Cure.
- 250g sheep´s curd cheese
- 100g smoked fish
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 pinch of linseed oil
Mix all ingredients and season with salt
BASE CREAM SOUP WITH VEGETABLES
- 150g of peeled raw potatoes (floury textured)
- 100g of vegetables (celery, carrots, zucchini, fennel, pumpkin)
- 1-litre water, rock salt and fresh herbs
- Cut potatoes and vegetables into small pieces and boil with water and rock salt until tender (be sure not to cook them for too long.)
- Puree in a food processor or with an immersion blender. Finally, add fresh herbs, either finely chopped or to stir in just as they are.
- This recipe is suitable for the Mild Elimination Diets 1 & 2.
- Fresh cream may be added to the soup by followers of Mild Elimination Diet 3. Alternatively, some pure pressed oil may be added directly to the serving bowl. If desired, a few tender leeks or some onion may be added to the vegetables and potatoes when preparing the soup.
- Take care not to cook the soup for too long or at too high a temperature. Preparation time: no more than 15 minutes.
POACHED FILET OF CHAR WITH STEAMED
- 4 fresh char filets (freshwater fish)
- 100g carrots
- 100g celeriac
- 100g parsley root
- 100g zucchini
- ½ litre organic vegetable stock or water and rock salt
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil or parsley and horseradish
- Boil organic vegetable stock or water in a shallow pan add freshly chopped herbs and a pinch of rock salt. Now add fish filets and gently poach for a few minutes.
- Clean and wash vegetables. Cut into 2 mm thick half-moon shapes.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan and add a few drops of olive oil. Wait until very hot, then add all vegetables and quickly roast for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the organic stock and simmer until tender. Arrange the vegetables on a plate, place the charred filet on top and sprinkle with fresh horseradish and herbs.
CURRIED CHICKPEA WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
- 500g chickpeas
- 100g of each root vegetable (celery, parsley root, carrot)
- 100g zucchini
- 100g fennel finely chopped (substitute for onion)
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp Tamari sauce
- ½ litre coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger, rock salt, cardamom and lemongrass
- Wash the vegetables and cut into uniform cubes. Cook the overnight soaked chickpeas for about 30 minutes until they are soft.
- Now let the fennel lightly sweat in a saucepan with the olive oil. Eventually, the rest of the vegetables will be added without the zucchini.
- Next, the spices are to be added to the vegetables until they become lightly brown. Now pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk. Braise until the vegetables are al dente. Now combine the chickpeas and season with the rest of the ingredients.
- Finish the dish with a little flaxseed oil and a few cashews.
AUBERGINE-TOMATO-PICCATA ON VEGETABLE
|Pappardelle ||Base sauce |
- Wash the aubergine and cut it lengthwise into 1-cm-slices. Salt it slightly and let it rest about 20 minutes. Put the tomatoes in hot water, peel and cut them into 1-cm-slices. Rub the parmesan finely and mix it with the egg. Place the aubergine slices on a dry towel and fry briefly on the grill or in a pan.
- Cover each aubergine slice with a tomato slice, a basil leaf and the spices and fold it. Then roll it in the parmesan-egg mixture and roast it golden brown on both sides by medium heat in a nonstick pan. Then peel the carrots and the parsley root and cut them into small slices. Before adding the zucchini slices sauté the carrot and parsley root slices in a pan with 1 tsp. coconut oil. Let everything simmer together in 3-4 tbsp. vegetable broth.
- For the base sauce, cook the potato slices, the nutmeg and the rock salt for 25 minutes in water. To complete the base sauce, put the potatoes with the liquid in a food processor or use a hand mixer. Mix it well with basil pesto and whipped cream for 1 minute to get a nice smooth sauce.
A SUGGESTION FOR SERVING
Put one scoop of the base sauce in a medium soup plate. Use a fork to turn the vegetable pappardelle in the middle of the plate and place the vegetable piccata on the top. Finish the dish with fresh basil.
If this blog has got you interested in starting your wellness journey at VIVAMAYR call our wellness advisors at 020 7843 3597 or enquire here.