Spectacular beauty abounds at VIVAMAYR Altaussee’s charming health resort located in an unspoilt traditional alpine mountain region. Altaussee’s uber-talented medical director Dr. Schubert and his enthusiastic team dive into the spiritual side of original F.X. Mayr medicine. The Mayr Cure is based on the principle that giving an overworked digestive system a break allows other parts of the body to begin to repair themselves. Such are its remarkable effects that the method has reached legendary status, especially when it comes to tackling issues such as stress, chronic fatigue, allergies, arthritis, migraine and sleep problems.
Local thermal waters inspired the invigorating salt based treatments and the uncontaminated alpine air is utilised for oxygen therapies. Personalised VIVAMAYR detoxification programmes are based on the world-renowned Mayr Cure, developed by influential physician Dr. Franz Xavier Mayr. VIVAMAYR's cutting-edge diagnostic techniques include applied kinesiology, comprehensive blood tests, ECG’s, mineral nutrient analyses, hormone testing, fatty acid analyses, CSA Stress tests and mineral nutrient analyses (CCX).
Please note: This property will be closed until 26 April 2020.
Nearest Airport: Salzburg
Transfer Time: Approx. 90 minutes
Including transfers, accommodation, full board and a 7 night programme
Medical Spa | Detox | Stress Management
Head Chef, Martin Stein, creates a modern take on the Mayr gourmet diet and offers fantastic viva mayr clinic cooking classes. His beautifully presented dishes are exceptional in taste with a high nutritional content. The food is locally sourced, organic and individually prepared according to the specific diet plan of each guest.
- Mountain climbing
- Medical lectures
- Cooking workshops
- Beauty salon
- The 600m2 Altaussee spa, featuring:
- Thermal water pool
- Steam room
- Watsu pool
Perfectly poised between the banks of Lake Altaussee and the foot of Loser Mountain, VIVAMAYR Altaussee is situated in a pristinely beautiful natural area with panoramic views of the majestic Austrian Alps.
Direct flights to Salzburg depart from many large UK cities. Once at Salzburg airport, getting to viva mayr clinic is an easy, scenic 90-minute drive.
- Go to all the medical lectures - a great way to meet other guests.
- Book a cookery lesson with award-winning chef, Martin Stein
- Enjoy some of their herbal tea for a refreshing detox drink
- Indulge in sound healing therapy with Isabella.
- Go on plenty of walks around the mesmerising lake and stunning side valleys.
- Come in May if you love flowers for the unique Narcissus flower festival.
- Come mid-August to enjoy fireworks on the lake - a highlight of the summer season.
- Visit the stunning summer residence of Emperor Franz Josef and his legendarily beautiful wife Sisi (Elisabeth) in Bad Ischl.
- Remember to order your lunch package the day before you leave.
Stay With Basic Medical Treatment
VIVAMAYR Altaussee | Austria
Dr. Schubert and his young, enthusiastic team offer detox and cleanse based on the philosophy of Modern Mayr Medicine. The modern laboratory contains infusion suites, hypoxia (oxygen therapy) room, spaces for Kneipp and hydrotherapy and stunning settings for yoga and aerial yoga. A personalise…